The Chief Operating Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the CEO and Board of Directors by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform this job, the rather describes the essential functions/responsibilities of the job. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Guides and directs management in the development, production, promotion, and financial aspects of the organization’s products and services.
Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
Oversees executive who direct department activities that implement the organizations policies.
Implements programs that meet corporate goals and objectives.
Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization’s current activities and its projected growth.
Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
Supervises design of hardware and software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information.
Establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
Evaluates the results of overall operations and systematically reports these results to the CEO.
Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
Manage staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
Promotes customer focus establishing customer service standards and meeting customer needs.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensing and/or Certifications:
· Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit organizations strongly preferred
· Familiarity with appropriate software. Understanding of financial planning and monitoring systems and controls
Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop large staff.
· Reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Travel, (If applicable) Must be willing to travel within Bergen County as needed.
Scope of Accountabilities
- Supervise staff of approximately 250 employees in the Aquatics, Youth Services, Membership, Communications, Finance, and Health & Wellness.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Send cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To write a review, you must login first.
From the Same Seller